DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY NOTICE
- PURPOSE OF THIS NOTICE
This notice describes how we collect and use personal data about you, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
- ABOUT US
Kate Wilson Pilates & Wellbeing Leics will be what is known as the ‘controller’ of the personal data you provide to us. Our registered address is: 50 Avenue Road, Clarendon Park Leicester.
For the purpose of this notice, we are the ‘data controller’. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal data about you. We are required under the Data Protection Legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice. Such legislation includes but is not restricted to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- HOW WE MAY COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We obtain personal data about you, for example, when:
- you contact us by email, telephone, post or social media (for example when you have a query about our services); or
- you make an enquiry directly to us;
- you attend one of our events;
- you sign up to our marketing communications;
- you request a proposal from us in respect of the services we provide;
- you engage us to provide our services and also during the provision of those services;
- from third parties and/or publicly available resources
- THE KIND OF INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
The information we hold about you may include (but is not limited to) the following:
- your personal details (such as your name, address, date of birth);
- your contact details (such as email address, telephone number);
- details of your financial information such as bank details, income and expenses;
- details of contact we have had with you in relation to the provision, or the proposed provision, of our services;
- details of any services you have received from us;
- our correspondence and communications with you;
- information about any complaints and enquiries you make to us;
- information from research, surveys, and marketing activities;
- information we receive from you or other sources, such as for testing purposes.
- WHY WE NEED THE PERSONAL DATA WE HOLD ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE USE IT
We require the above personal data to provide you with the services you have engaged us to provide and to assert our right to be recompensed in return for these services, as per the agreements or contract we have with you, and to comply with our legal obligations.
If you do not provide this information, then we may be unable to provide the services you have requested and fulfil the contract we have entered into with you. Alternatively, we may be unable to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations. We will not collect any personal data from you that we do not need to provide and oversee the services we have agreed to provide you with.
We may process your personal data for the purposes of our own legitimate interests provided that those interests do not override any of your own interests, rights and freedoms which require the protection of personal data. This includes processing for marketing, business development, statistical and management purposes.
We may use your personal data in order to provide you with information related to our services and our events and activities that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, provided you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
We may use your personal data in order to seek your thoughts and opinions on the services we provide notify you about any changes to our services.
We may also process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in accordance with this notice, where we are legally required or permitted to do so.
We will generally keep your personal data for a minimum of 6 years, after which time it will be destroyed if it is no longer required for the lawful purposes(s) for which is was obtained. If you consent to marketing, any information we use for this purpose will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
When assessing what retention period is appropriate for your personal data, we take into consideration:
- the requirements of our business and the services provided;
- any statutory or legal obligations;
- the purposes for which we originally collected the personal data;
- the lawful grounds on which we based our processing;
- the types of personal data we have collected;
- the amount and categories of your personal data; and
- whether the purpose of the processing could reasonably be fulfilled by other means.
Change of purpose
Where we need to use your personal data for another reason, other than for the purpose for which we collected it, we will notify you and communicate the legal basis which allows us to do so before starting any new processing.
- DATA SHARING
Why might you share my personal data with third parties?
We will share your personal data with third parties where we are required by law, where it is necessary to administer the relationship between us or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
Which third-party service providers process my personal data?
“Third parties” includes third-party service providers. The following activities are carried out by third-party service providers IT and cloud services, professional advisory services, administration services, marketing services and banking services.
We do not retain information relating to credit cards, debit cards or bank accounts. We use third parties such as GoCardless to collect secure payments online. To view their privacy policies please follow the links below:
All of our third-party service providers are required to take commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect your personal data. We only permit our third-party service providers to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
What about other third parties?
We may share your personal data with other third parties, for example in the context of the possible sale or restructuring of the business. We may also need to share your personal data with a regulator or to otherwise comply with the law.
- TRANSFERRING PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (EEA)
We will not transfer the personal data we collect about you outside of the EEA. Please be aware, however, that your information may be stored on cloud-based systems whose servers are located within the European Union.
- DATA SECURITY
We have put in place commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
- RIGHTS OF ACCESS, CORRECTION, ERASURE, AND RESTRICTION
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Should your personal information change, please notify us of any changes of which we need to be made aware by contacting us, using the contact details below.
Your rights in connection with personal data
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive details of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are processing it lawfully.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this basis. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or another data controller if the processing is based on consent, carried out by automated means and this is technically feasible.
If you want to exercise any of the above rights, you can do so using the contact details listed under point 12 ‘Contact Us’ below.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
- RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
Where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data for a specific purpose (for example, in relation to direct marketing that you have indicated you would like to receive from us), you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent please contact us using the details listed under point 12 ‘Contact Us’ below.
Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your personal information (personal data) for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
- CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be provided to you via email and updated on our website pilatesandwellbeing.com
- CONTACT US
If you have any questions regarding this notice or if you would like to speak to us about the manner in which we process your personal data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org